Fire destroys books in classroom at Tirunelveli school

By PTI Published on Jul 19, 2018 10:33 AM IST

Tirunelveli (Tamilnadu): A fire broke out in the room of a private school in Tirunelveli district where old books were stored, the police have said.

The students were evacuated as soon as the blaze was noticed, they said.

Yesterday's fire was caused by a short circuit in a smart classroom, they said, and added that fire service personnel extinguished the flames.

The books were destroyed in the fire.