Fire at Vadapalani boutique

By NT Bureau Published on Aug 11, 2018 01:02 PM IST

Chennai: Fire broke out at a boutique at Vadapalini here this morning, damaging equipments worth lakhs of rupees in the store.

Sources say, the incident happened on the first floor of a three-storey building at Duraisamy Road in Vadapalani.

The ground floor had a shop, while the third floor was occupied by a family. Fire and Resuce Services personnel from Ashok Nagar, T Nagar, Jafferkhanpet and Koyambedu were pressed into service to douse the flames.

The police suspect an electrical short circuit to be the reason behind the fire break out. Further inquiries are on.